Thursday, September 20, 2007

English Books, Volleyball and Blankets....

The English books that were donated from my good friend Jaclyn Gomez found a home today at the University of 'Gjilani.' Fifteen English reference books will sit permanently in their library. They have plans to start a English program in the near future and already have 20 students enrolled for this Bachelor's degree. The Dean of the University gave my Civil Affairs team a book in gratitude for the donation. One he wrote titled, "Education Development in Kosovo, 1945-1990." Jacqlyn I hope to see the library built before I leave and your books sitting on the shelves. Thank you for your generosity!






Visiting a remote school and playing a little volleyball too!


We also delivered a few blankets to the Liria Women's Shelter. This should prepare them a bit more for the winter months fast approaching.

3 comments:

Discoveries said...

Gotta see the next page....click on older posts to see what happened a few days ago!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris-it looks like Duke was a great time again. Wheather looks like its getting colder. You are certainly missed back home.
We Love and Miss You Tons,
Karrie, Alexis, & Madison

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris, is there still a need for school supplies? Used or not used? I have a few items and could send them. Let me know if I should mail them out?
Take care and keep up the running, it clears the mind. (You know this though)Love and miss you!
Sis~