


Today our team was allowed complete freedom with our translator Patrik, who is Albanian and has lived in this region his whole life. Many people know him and his family has been in Gnjilane, Kosovo for many years. He took us to several Albanian villages today south of our area to visit a highway that is in the process of connecting Kosovo to Macedonia. The view was spectacular! We visited a primary school who needs help with their soccer field and handed out a few things to some children. We plan to generate proposals to aid the school with rehabilitating their soccer field and visit more of the smaller clinics within these villages.
The black and white photo is my team, SFC Craig France, myself and SSG Jake Kuhne who was in Iraq with me a few years ago.
4 comments:
Cool pix, Kris! I am enjoying your blog. I like the pictures of the kids.
I can barely see you in that B&W shot because of your camo...(har har)
Kris!!!
Lookin' good in the neighborhood! I love the pics!
Megan
I hadn't looked at the blog in over a week and i'm blown away. The pics and writing are beautiful. I have developed an incredible appreciation of modern technology because of your blog. I loved the pics of the art, the scenary, and also the children. I'm always thinking of you and the incredible work you are doing. T
Is there anything we can do stateside to help with the soccer fields?
Post a Comment